This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud nephstrom_admin contributed a whooping 52 entries.
Entries by nephstrom_admin
The consortium enjoyed a constructive meeting at the end of November, hosted by Prof Beppe Remuzzi and his team at the Insitute Mario Negri in Bergamo. Progress was reviewed, plans were refined and preparations for the next six months of collaboration were made. The photo shows the consortium at the Institute Mario Negri.
NEPHSTROM partner NHSBT received good coverage in the UK and international diabetes media in October. Diabetes breakthrough: New stem cells that can halt kidney disease about to be tested express.co.uk, 19 Oct 2015, UK, Keyword: NHS Blood and Transplant, Journalist: Jon Austin Dr Eric Austin, head of Stem Cell Immunotherapy at the Advanced Therapy Unit […]
This month (November) sees the consortium assemble in Bergamo for our second plenary meeting (the first one since the kick-off in Dublin). The meeting is hosted by Beppe Remuzzi and his team at the Istituto Mario Negri (IRFMN). We look forward to catching up on all the news from the cell production centres, and to putting […]
The project received excellent coverage from the BBC on 20 October, focusing on the cell production taking place at NHSBT. The item (at http://www.bbc.com/news/health-34570550) gives a concise overview of the project, and quotes both coordinator Prof Tim O’Brien (NUIG) and the NHSBT’s Dr Eric Austen.
LMUM distributed a press release about NEPHSTROM, aimed at the German-language press and public. The full text was as follows: Neue Klinische Studie zur Stammzelltherapie bei diabetischer Nierenschädigung 24.06.2015 – Die Arbeitsgruppe um Prof. Hans-Joachim Anders am Nephrologischen Zentrum der Medizinischen Klinik und Poliklinik IV leitet ein Teilprojekt in dem EU-Projekt NEPHSTROM (Novel Stromal […]
The launch of the NEPHSTROM project received further excellent coverage in the media, social media and EU vehicles. Coverage now includes all the following: RTÉ Radio 1 News (RTE is the Irish national broadcaster) 8 June, at 7am and 8am 9am (during Morning Ireland) clips are 1 minute 30 seconds long http://broadcast.kantarmedia.ie/proxy/MediaLibrary/MediaLibrary.mp3/?clipId=59736763 http://broadcast.kantarmedia.ie/proxy/MediaLibrary/MediaLibrary.mp3/?clipId=59737626 RTÉ One News, […]
Our sister project REDDSTAR and Leiden University Medical Center are co-organizing EU MSC2 2015, a meeting in Leiden, NL on September 7th and 8th to bring together nine EU-funded, mesenchymal stromal cell-focussed consortia. Projects include: REDDSTAR, REACH, RETHRIM, Stellar, MERLIN, Nephstrom, SCIENCE, VISICORT and Adipoa-2. This two day, interactive meeting will be held at the […]
- Contract/Grant agreement number
- EC contribution
- Starting date
1 May 2015
- Three new NEPHSTROM-acknowledged papers 3rd February 2020
- Luke Barry joins the NEPHSTROM team at Queen’s University Belfast 12th December 2019
- NEPHSTROM study published in Scientific Reports 9th December 2019
- New NEPHSTROM publication from NUI Galway team 19th November 2019
- NEPHSTROM PI Prof. Matt Griffin visits leading US medical centre Mayo Clinic to discuss EU-funded mesenchymal stromal cell projects 18th November 2019
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Academisch Ziekenhuis Leiden – Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
- Orbsen Therapeutics
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen
- Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- The Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Pintail Ltd
- Terumo BCT Europe N.V.
- Azienda Ospedaliera Papa Giovanni XXIII Bergamo
- Queen’s University Belfast