NEPHSTROM researchers based at the National University of Ireland, Galway have published a review paper entitled “The Promise of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetic Kidney Disease” in the journal “Current Diabetes Reports”. The review is listed on PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27007719) and published online at the journal website (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11892-016-0734-6). Senior author, Prof. Matthew Griffin of the […]
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud nephstrom_admin contributed a whooping 46 entries.
Entries by nephstrom_admin
The NEPHSTROM project was highlighted on the EU’s Horizon 2020 News site. Please view the article here.
The NEPHSTROM consortium enjoyed a constructive meeting at the end of May, hosted by Prof. Wim Fibbe and his team at theLeiden University Medical Centre in Leiden. Over the course of the two day meeting, progress was reviewed, plans were refined and preparations for the next six months of collaboration were made. The photo shows the […]
The NEPHSTROM project has registered its clinical trial on the open-access public clinical trials repository, ClinicalTrials.gov. This is an important step, and ensures that any scientist or member of the public can identity NEPHSTROM and its aims, approach and results. This is valuable for researchers who want to review all trials in a particular disease, […]
The consortium enjoyed a constructive meeting at the end of November, hosted by Prof Beppe Remuzzi and his team at the Insitute Mario Negri in Bergamo. Progress was reviewed, plans were refined and preparations for the next six months of collaboration were made. The photo shows the consortium at the Institute Mario Negri.
NEPHSTROM partner NHSBT received good coverage in the UK and international diabetes media in October. Diabetes breakthrough: New stem cells that can halt kidney disease about to be tested express.co.uk, 19 Oct 2015, UK, Keyword: NHS Blood and Transplant, Journalist: Jon Austin Dr Eric Austin, head of Stem Cell Immunotherapy at the Advanced Therapy Unit […]
This month (November) sees the consortium assemble in Bergamo for our second plenary meeting (the first one since the kick-off in Dublin). The meeting is hosted by Beppe Remuzzi and his team at the Istituto Mario Negri (IRFMN). We look forward to catching up on all the news from the cell production centres, and to putting […]
- Contract/Grant agreement number
- EC contribution
- Starting date
1 May 2015
- New publication: “Mesenchymal Stromal Cells for Transplant Tolerance” from Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri IRCCS 5th July 2019
- NEPHSTROM plenary meeting hosted by Azienda Ospedaliera Papa Giovanni XXIII Bergamo 11th June 2019
- International Clinical Trials Day 2019 at the CRF Galway 10th June 2019
- NUI Galway NEPHSTROM team celebrate 3 recent publications 24th May 2019
- ISPOR 2019 award for NEPHSTROM research 25th April 2019
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Academisch Ziekenhuis Leiden – Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
- Orbsen Therapeutics
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen
- Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- The Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Pintail Ltd
- Terumo BCT Europe N.V.
- Azienda Ospedaliera Papa Giovanni XXIII Bergamo