The NEPHSTROM consortium met for their third project plenary on September 22-23. The meeting was hosted by NHS Blood and Transplant in Liverpool. The team enjoyed productive discussions about GMP stem cell production, and planning and preparation for the forthcoming clinical trial.
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud nephstrom_admin contributed a whooping 38 entries.
Entries by nephstrom_admin
Featuring beautiful hand-drawn animations and interviews with leading stem cell scientists, STEM CELL REVOLUTIONS charts the history and scientific evolution of stem cell research – from the earliest experiments that first revealed stem cells in the body, to leading current scientific and clinical developments. Watch the trailer here Question & answer session to follow led by Profs […]
NEPHSTROM researchers based at the National University of Ireland, Galway have published a review paper entitled “The Promise of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy for Diabetic Kidney Disease” in the journal “Current Diabetes Reports”. The review is listed on PubMed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27007719) and published online at the journal website (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11892-016-0734-6). Senior author, Prof. Matthew Griffin of the […]
The NEPHSTROM project was highlighted on the EU’s Horizon 2020 News site. Please view the article here.
The NEPHSTROM consortium enjoyed a constructive meeting at the end of May, hosted by Prof. Wim Fibbe and his team at theLeiden University Medical Centre in Leiden. Over the course of the two day meeting, progress was reviewed, plans were refined and preparations for the next six months of collaboration were made. The photo shows the […]
The NEPHSTROM project has registered its clinical trial on the open-access public clinical trials repository, ClinicalTrials.gov. This is an important step, and ensures that any scientist or member of the public can identity NEPHSTROM and its aims, approach and results. This is valuable for researchers who want to review all trials in a particular disease, […]
The consortium enjoyed a constructive meeting at the end of November, hosted by Prof Beppe Remuzzi and his team at the Insitute Mario Negri in Bergamo. Progress was reviewed, plans were refined and preparations for the next six months of collaboration were made. The photo shows the consortium at the Institute Mario Negri.
NEPHSTROM partner NHSBT received good coverage in the UK and international diabetes media in October. Diabetes breakthrough: New stem cells that can halt kidney disease about to be tested express.co.uk, 19 Oct 2015, UK, Keyword: NHS Blood and Transplant, Journalist: Jon Austin Dr Eric Austin, head of Stem Cell Immunotherapy at the Advanced Therapy Unit […]
- Contract/Grant agreement number
- EC contribution
- Starting date
1 May 2015
- NEPHSTROM public exhibition at Galway Science & Technology Festival 2018 26th November 2018
- NEPHSTROM presents at American Society of Nephrology Kidney Week, San Diego 30th October 2018
- NEPHSTROM Clinical Trial Underway at Four Locations 5th October 2018
- Five NEPHSTROM partners to participate in GMP November event in Galway 1st October 2018
- New NEPHSTROM study published in the CCLM 25th September 2018
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Academisch Ziekenhuis Leiden – Leids Universitair Medisch Centrum
- Orbsen Therapeutics
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen
- Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri
- NHS Blood and Transplant
- University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- The Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
- Pintail Ltd
- Terumo BCT Europe N.V.
- Azienda Ospedaliera Papa Giovanni XXIII Bergamo